Friday 24 March 2017

A photoshoot with no hiccups!



With this event I can only speak from personal experience as we were in slots and the only other contact with other families was fleeting. Dean Sanderson is a regular however with Little Hiccups. He’s been present at many an event and at all our Fundraising Balls to take photos. We love the end results, but more than that we’ve always loved the way he creates a rapport with the children straight away and makes what could be a stressful event fun and exciting. His magic lies in capturing the child’s true personality. I have two very different children (and a third but she’s only 4 months old so we’re yet to see a real personality yet – other than a complete refusal to smile for the camera on this visit!) My oldest is shy and perhaps struggles to express herself more than she would like. We let my middle child hit centre stage first as he is the extravert of the family and definitely has no problem expressing himself! I think the problem was dragging him away. Dean successfully managed this by letting him take a few of the shots of his sister and we managed to get some lovely ones. Then it was time for all three to get in the shot and there was many an amusing positioning by myself and my husband trying to get the baby to smile whilst staying out of shot. It didn’t really work as she’d just woken from a deep sleep but we did get one nice one at least.

I think the hardest thing about this event is picking out my favourites. I’ve so far narrowed it down to 15. Taking away another 6 to get to the 9 needed for the canvas is going to be hard! I’ve heard glowing reports from Hiccups families and in fact this year, the demand was so high we had to stretch the event over 2 days instead of our usual one. Dean’s reputation is certainly growing! This year was also the first year in Dean’s personal studio so the atmosphere was more relaxed and its also nice to know that there is a location to return to when I want to go back (I have full intentions of dressing the baby in an Ewok suit and taking her back when she is able to sit. It’s got to be done!)



If you missed the Photoshoot and would like the you can find Dean’s website below to book an appointment:

Website: www.deansanderson.co.uk

"Thank You to you all at Hiccups and Dean Sanderson. We had a lovely time and the dinosaurs were well behaved when they got home. You are amazing."

"He made an impossible task seem far too easy and got some lovely shots! Thank you!"

"Thank u little hiccups and especially Dean. Soo lovely. Harvey and I had the best time xx"

"I just wanted to say thank you Little Hiccups and to Dean Sanderson, for an enjoyable photo shoot today.I think that I am right in saying, that it's the least stressful photo shoot that I have "ever" been to with Nathan, & Dean has captured some "adorable" photo's of Nathan, as I haven't seen any of the family shots yet lol! :)"

"I am looking forward to seeing all of the photo's from today's photo shoot! :)"

"A brilliant shoot with some gorgeous photos that I am very excited to see xx"


No comments:

Post a Comment